One would think that someone with Stage IV cancer should be receiving advice instead of giving it, but 34 year old Stephanie Seban has a lot of amazing things to share to both survivors and their well-wishers. In a recent interview with the Huffington Post, Stephanie narrated a few realizations she had had since her 2012 diagnosis:
- You are never too young to become aware of your breasts. Stephanie couldn’t believe it when she was diagnosed at 31 years old. She was at the peak of her career and was not ready to make life and death decisions. Because of this, Stephanie wants every man and woman to know that it is never too early to become aware of your breasts. Knowing the shape, size and behavior of your tatas can make it easier for you to determine changes that may be caused by cancer.
- People with cancer also need time to themselves in order to digest everything that is going on with their lives. Well wishers should also consider that they may not like to talk about the diagnosis and should learn to respect their decisions.
- For survivors, Stephanie advises self-reflection and a positive outlook in life. Even at Stage IV, she knows that the body responds to the survivor’s mindset – a negative attitude will get you nowhere.
- Never let your fear be greater than your faith. There is no question about it – cancer will test your very being. Whatever religion or sect you believe in, it is important to find something to anchor yourself to this world. Stephanie’s renewed faith made her discover strength she didn’t know she had.
- Appreciate all the good things – no matter how small. Stephanie’s diagnosis led her to clearly see the good things she has been bestowed with – supportive family and friends, access to health care and an amazing support group. Appreciating the little things also helped her live her life to the fullest.
Looking for Pink Ribbon Items? Visit Suddora and use the coupon code BCFG10 for 10% OFF your order! Including great items like: